Submission Terms & Conditions
My Story 350 USD
Tell us about a touching, inspiring or life-changing experience in your life. We'll pay 350 USD for stories we publish in Reader's Digest magazine.
- Your story must be true (no fiction, please).
- It should be previously unpublished.
- Aim for 800-1000 words in length.
- Familiarise yourself with the kind of pieces we run. Often, they focus on a single incident or theme in the life of the writer – dramatic, moving or humorous – and the events described made the writer re-evaluate his or her life in some way. And remember that a well-told tale still has a beginning, a middle and an end!
- Do not send us original or irreplaceable material. We cannot return submissions.
- We cannot give feedback or acknowledge receipt.
Kindness of Strangers Up to 150 USD
True accounts of good karma, inspiring acts of unexpected kindness and generosity, or just something someone did that made your day – or changed your life. Share your moments in 100-500 words. We pay up to 150 USD for examples of generous and open-hearted deeds.
Anecdotes and Jokes 50-100 USD
What's made you laugh recently? A funny sign? A colleague's behaviour? Heard a great joke? Just send us your contribution, and if we publish it in Reader's Digest, you'll be laughing all the way to the bank.
We pay up to 100 USD for original jokes or humorous anecdotes we print in Reader's Digest magazine.
Original contributions, which should be less than 300 words, become our property (for both print and/or electronic media) upon payment.
Smart Animals Up to 100 USD
Share the antics of unique pets or wildlife in up to 300 words. We pay up to 100 USD for anecdotes about remarkable animals.
Conditions: Include your name, address and phone number. All submissions become our property on payment and publication in the magazine. We reserve the right to edit and publish submissions online without payment. We cannot return or acknowledge material not accepted for publication.
We cannot acknowledge or return unpublished or unsolicited article-length manuscripts.
We prefer electronic submissions. Fill out the form here or contact us as follows:Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Write: Reader's Digest Asia
Singapore Post Centre
PO BOX 272, Singapore