We all want our guests to have a rousing good time at the Christmas party, but first and foremost, we want them to be safe! Prevent guests from over indulging by serving plenty of finger foods, bottled water and a variety of interesting non-alcoholic drinks such as this classic fruit punch.
- 1 1⁄2 cups (330 g) sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups (375 ml) water
- 3 cups (750 ml) strong brewed tea, chilled
- 3 cups (750 ml) orange juice, chilled
- 3 cups (750 ml) unsweetened pineapple juice, chilled
- 1⁄2 cup (125 ml) lemon juice, chilled
- 3 cups (450 g) thinly sliced fresh or frozen strawberries
- 8 cups (2 litres) ginger ale, chilled
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3–4 minutes, until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a punch bowl, combine tea, juices and sugar mixture. Stir in strawberries. Just before serving, stir in ginger ale.